Our volunteers commit time to Summit Literacy Foundation (SLF) cause, and in turn, we invest in them. We provide the training and support they need to be comfortable and successful in their role. Volunteers are vital to Summit Literacy Foundation, and we pride ourselves on creating lasting relationships with them.
We are currently looking for people to help with a variety of activities. There are lots of ways that you can volunteer for SLF-whatever your interests or skills may be. We have a place for you! From promoting the SLF events to managing our Membership database or joining the Board of Directors, there's room for everyone.
Current volunteer needs include:
- Event Promotions: A team of volunteers who support SLF events and programs. Volunteers will set up tables to share information on SLF programs, coordinate activities and get the word out to visitors about other ways to get involved. Training will be provided. In your school, you will coordinate SLF events and get opportunity for Leadership and interaction with exceptional mentors.
- Office Assistants: We are looking for volunteers who can come in regularly (every week or month) to help with filing, mailings and other office tasks.
- Database Assistants: With increased membership, we need regular volunteers to help us update and manage our database. Training will be provided.
- Articles and Other Writings: Do you write professionally or as a hobby? SLF publishes a quarterly Schools Edge Magazine, monthly e-news and weekly blog posts. We are always looking for volunteers with new perspectives who can contribute to these publications. Whether it is an interview with staff or volunteers, visitor stories, we are interested in hearing from you!
- Photo Journalists: We are looking out for people who can help with taking photos during the events, schools visits or field work. All you need is your phone or if you work with us for over 1 year, you will get a camera from SLF.
- Joining a Committee or Task Force: If you want to get more involved, then consider applying to join a committee or task force. The committees meet on a regular basis and the task forces are set up by event and project. There are several committees on which you can serve.
By volunteering with SLF you are not only doing your part to help in facilitating resource distribution to the different needy schools but you also receive numerous other benefits including invitations to special events, more opportunities to spend time with new friends and meet people who matter and several others besides!